I want my life to come down to two words: I'm Yours.

I want my life to come down to two words:
I'm Yours.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

God answers.

It's those simple and profound things we overlook in life that are so essential. One of those is the attribute that God is sovereign.

God is sovereign over all things (Jer. 32:17, Dan. 7:14, etc.). And because of that truth God says He will answer our prayers if we approach Him with a pure heart of faith.

I'm not one to say (nor will I ever be) that I am pure of heart, but I still approach God with prayers, because I truly believe out of His benevolence and love He will answer if our focus is on bringing Him glory.

Have you ever made a deal with God like... if you give me this, I'll tell 5 people about you? Or maybe you're looking for something and you tell Him that if only He points it out to you then you will make sure everyone knows how great He is..? Ever had one of those times?

Today I lost my wallet. The concern was greater than usual due the fact that the key I use to lock up my store is in my wallet and my license, which is my means of legal transportation, was also in this leather item. I am scheduled to close the store tonight, and without these things, I would not be able to do so.

After frantically looking around for a good while, I realized I hadn't gone first to God. So I stopped where I was and made a prayer.. and then another.. and I continually prayed that the Lord would bring to mind where this missing item may have been misplaced. In my brother's car? In my recently washed clothes? In the garbage? I didn't know. ... I thought about making one of those deals with God... "If You do this... I'll do that."

Ha! As if I deserve any help from God, or that I think that I can negotiate with a holy being. I think not. I realized that in reality, I should be doing those "I'll do this or that" without having to make a deal with God, because He's given me more than enough to tell others of His wonders.

Just minutes later I found it. As I reached my hand under my bed into the shoes I had worn 2 days before, I found my wallet where either on of my parents, siblings, or even myself may have put it. I thanked God, but I didn't want to just move on with the day. The reason I have this blog is mainly to tell of how God is working in my life... teaching me new things... and writing down the many graces He gives me. This is just one more chance to do so... and I don't know how many more I'll have.

So, give glory to God today. He's worth your praise and adoration. He's worth your trust. Your faith. Your hope. You can pray expectantly because He is a loving God that listens to you and is sovereign over your life. He has the best planned for you, should you pursue Him. He has a crazy love for you. Have a radical pursuit of Him in return.

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean- just about an hour ago, my neighbor called me crying. She couldn't find her 2 and a half year old grandson anywhere... and she lives on a huge property near dangerous waters. So as I was running down the stiars to the door, I prayed that God would help us find him. And as soon as I opened the door, I found Shade (her grandson), just sitting at my front porch.

    How he found the way to my house? I know not. How we found him so quickly? With God's help. I am so thankful that we serve a God that answers our cries and prayers.

    ReplyDelete