I want my life to come down to two words: I'm Yours.

I want my life to come down to two words:
I'm Yours.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

growing weary?

It's too easy to grow tired. It's too easy to grow weary. We're human. We're told in Scripture that when we don't pursue a relationship with God we often grow weary and tired.
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40
I love this passage, because it explains how as humans, as fallen creatures, we are weak vessels. We cannot do it on our own. To me this speaks volumes... "Even young men stumble and fall..." wow. That's a blow to my pride. To realize that it's not me... and then it gives so much encouragement. It has the conjunction "But" which shows a shift in thinking. We're no longer talking about the weakness of man. Now we get to discuss the strength that God provides for those who hope in Him. Are you weary? Are you downcast or tired from the fight? Don't give up. Pursue God. Remember... Christianity is not religion. It's a relationship. So be encouraged to continue onward with perseverance. Fight the good fight. Press on, because in the end, when we enter heavens gates or when Jesus returns in full glory - we want to hear those words, "Well done, My good and faithful servant."
"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."
Galations 6:9

2 comments:

  1. PREACH IT :D

    Thanks for the encouragement Quin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, i've been thinkin' the same things lately! ah, that Isaiah 40 passage is so good!

    ReplyDelete