I want my life to come down to two words: I'm Yours.

I want my life to come down to two words:
I'm Yours.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

a healthy life? (part ii)

A few weeks ago, Jordan approached me and told me that we should start running on a regular basis. I thought he was crazy at first. So, I asked him, "Why in the world would we want to do that?!" He replied simply that the habits you create when you young will be ones you follow later in life. It provides discipline and consistency. Things that we should work on. "I'm game." So, we started this past week and are running on weekday mornings. Tiring as it is, I think it's really good for us as long as we stick with it.

"When you 'set' your value upon something, you are determining its relative importance to you. Certain values change with age or experiences; but for a Christian, basic values or convictions should never change."
Susan Boe, Total Health
Mrs. Susan Boe continues to teach me many things. One very important lesson included this train of thought. Your lifestyle is going to be determined by many things... but what things? In her book, Total Health, she has a picture of someone climbing the stairs of "Lifestyle" Each stair supports the one above it... on the top stands your habits. Your habits are determined by your behavior; your behavior by your choices; your choices by your values. In essence, it all comes back to your foundation. What will you base your lifestyle off? I would propose that the answer to that is base it on the Gospel. If not that, then what?
If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men.
1 Corinthians 15:19
I think it's worth it. Let's give it a shot. Nothing left to lose? Isn't that what they say?
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58





1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have a podcast of this while I'm running. :P

    Good post! :)

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete