I want my life to come down to two words: I'm Yours.

I want my life to come down to two words:
I'm Yours.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

living for eternity.

Less than a week ago I was blown away when I watched a video. It has been circulating online recently. I had first seen it via Lauren Reavely, and you can also find it at The Jesus Adventure. If you haven't seen this video already, please do. It's so important. So mind-blowing. So eternity-capturing. It's fantastic. If have already seen it, you'll probably want to watch it again. I think this is a good -no, necessary- reminder to us all. It's not about the "little red part". It's about what we do for Jesus here on earth for these "few short years" so that we can live eternally with Him forever! It's all about Him! Not us. I'm actually pretty excited about that. Are you?

Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me. What then is my reward? Just this: that
in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it. Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
1 Corinthians 9:16-23

Are you living for eternity?


1 comment:

  1. Mmm! That's a wonderful video! I hadn't seen that yet. Staying focused on eternity is not something I'm good at. I'm definitely more consumed with life on earth. I love the rope analogy! It's great! Certainly makes one re-evaluate what consumes us and what we're living for. Are we living for the weekend? or the next holiday? or vacation? or retirement? Or are we living for eternity? Living our lives for Christ, that we may spend eternity with Him? Thank you so much for sharing this Quinton! Great food for thought!
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete