I want my life to come down to two words: I'm Yours.

I want my life to come down to two words:
I'm Yours.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Starting a blog...

So, it is official. I'm starting a blog. There are a lot of reasons behind this. I have found so much spiritual encouragement when reading the blogs my friends have created, and I want to be of encouragement to others. Also, one of the mentors in my life that I look up to and try to imitate, Mr. Denny Garvey, commended a practice to me. It was this: To journal or record the many graces God pours out in my life. Scripture tells us to keep no record of wrong but to tell the world of God's blessings.

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what he has done." - 1 Chronicles 16:8

I want to live my life so that at the end no one will be able to attribute any success I had to anything that I did. Rather, I want the only reasoning behind my life to be that he truly believed Jesus was everything. It's by God's grace that I am who I am.

3 comments:

  1. I like your mentor's advice. It reminded me of Psalm 31:19, that God has literally stored up goodness for us, delighting to shower us with it. "How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you." Great idea for a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see you have a blog Quin! I'm eager to see what you shall be posting and I'll be sure to be following you.

    Blessings,
    -Destiny =)

    ReplyDelete