I want my life to come down to two words: I'm Yours.

I want my life to come down to two words:
I'm Yours.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

a healthy life? (part i)

As I looked over the requirements to graduate high-school and enter college I saw that you had to have a credit of some sort of health study. I have done PE every year of high-school essentially with playing sports and just being an all-around active person... but... Mom said that didn't fly. What does she do? She rummages through some of her older school books and finds a book titled TOTAL HEALTH.
Great. A book titled Total Health? Seriously? "Okay, Mom, whatever you say..."

3 things caught my attention right away... 1 was that Mom told me that she had previously gone to church with the lady that wrote the book, and B was that she was from Oregon. Actually very close to where I live in West Linn, OR.

So, I begin my study of this book.
After the forward, preface, TOC, and all that good stuff -on page two it starts out
like this: Under the heading "A Higher Goal"...
'"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14 (NAS)

Let's just say... my view of the book changed right away. I love this verse! If you know me, you know that one of my favorite things to say is "Press on!" ... The reason for this is because life is a race... we are running heavenward and we have to "run in such a way as to win the prize." We have to go all out for Jesus. Now that I see that this book is based of the truth of God's Word, I am focusing on what this book can teach me.

The author, Mrs. Susan Boe, states, "The key to victory is not being 'perfect.' The key to a winning lifestyle is in striving to live a life pleasing to God; physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually."
She's saying that everything in life needs to be a striving to please God, to pursue God, to know God. I want that. Essentially, if our lives are not lived with Jesus being our all, then our lives are not everything they could be.

Press on.

3 comments:

  1. Quin! That is so awesome. So TOTAL HEALTH by Mrs. Susan Boe? I need health credits as well. Do you think the book is order-able? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kalahan, the version i'm going through can be found @ christian books... http://www.christianbook.com/total-health-high-school-student-text/susan-boe/9781583312254/pd/312250?event=CF

    but odds are there is a newer, better version available. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks Quin! I will definitely take a look at that! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete