I want my life to come down to two words: I'm Yours.

I want my life to come down to two words:
I'm Yours.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Waking Up

On Leeland Mooring's second album, Opposite Way, he has a song that always speaks to me in a deep way. The lyrics are posted below for you to think about. :)

The nation lost and dying
Searching for You
Creation waits
Children with the word of God
Written on their hearts
Show love to the world

We need to wake up, wake up
Live like God
Pour out love
We need to wake up, wake up
Live like God
Pour out love

I know it's sad
That the gift we have
We keep it for ourselves
Most of the time
The world is looking
For a love that's locked up
Inside these four walls
Break the door down and shine

Our face is set
Our goal is heaven
Jesus, You are the well of love
We'll pour You out
We'll pour You out

We're willing to push God out of our lives. We're willing to be deaf to His call. We're willing to fall asleep and not be alive to God. We don't want to live radically... it's not comfortable... it's not pleasant... it's so much easier to live for ourselves. We only turn to God when we see hardship that cannot be avoided, when having Jesus on your side would seem to help your current situation... BUT.... the big question is what should we be doing? We need be Jesus to the world. Love God. Love others. Simple. Straight forward. The Gospel.

2 comments:

  1. It's Grace. Hi.

    I listened to the song on Youtube.

    "We need to wake up, wake up
    Live like God
    Pour out love...

    The world is looking
    For a love that's locked up
    Inside these four walls
    Break the door down and shine"

    God showed me this over and over again when I was in California this year.

    Ready. for. action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Quin!

    It's crazy how songs can be so powerful. I'm so thankful that God made people who can write songs, because they speak to us in ways that almost nothing else can.

    Nice blog, btw.I think it's really neat that you have a blog, because I'm always encouraged by what you say, whether it be an email, or apologetics card, or whatever, and now I can come hear and read your thoughts. :)

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete