I want my life to come down to two words: I'm Yours.

I want my life to come down to two words:
I'm Yours.

Monday, October 4, 2010

shine

I want to be able to pray the prayer that David wrote, "I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant and their faces shall never be ashamed. This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles."

This passage comes from Psalm 34 and I think it well encapsulates the idea that if we are filling ourselves wit
h God we will shine for the world. Two friends of mine (Reggie and Mary Beth) ran for office at TeenPact National Convention's mock elections.... (which in the TeenPact world is a big deal. ;] ) They ran for president/vice and came in close second. Their one word motto for the campaign?

Shine.

Jesus has given us so much. Nothing that we have is ours. It's all a gift from God. We have all the reasons in the world to listen to his call to shine.

Jesus is quoted saying in Matthew 5:16, "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

Because of all that we've been given in this life, and most importantly through our salvation, we ought to pursue God at all times. We should be sharing with others at all times. And we're called to live as if we are shining lights on a hilltop at all times. To live out your faith. Often, that's a serious difficulty.
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:6
Our purpose? To bring glory to the One who deserves it all. I cannot cease to be amazed by this simple truth. That GOD should choose make beings to bless... and when we messed everything up that this same GOD would step down, humble Himself and become like us so that He might show His glory. His glory shines in our hearts when we've been saved, and it's so selfish if we keep it there. We have to shine before all men SO THAT they may see our good works and what? GIVE GLORY TO GOD.

Today, be sure to shine bright for Jesus. He's worth it all.

1 comment: