I want my life to come down to two words: I'm Yours.

I want my life to come down to two words:
I'm Yours.

Monday, October 11, 2010

live a crazy life.

Ever since my summer has been over I've missed it. Yes, I look back at all the camps and the faculty and the staffers and the students... and I miss it. I miss having a crazy schedule where I have to get students from place to place and I miss getting to love on them and teach.

But... as I have come back home I've been encouraged by more than one mentor or friend to really take what I'm given here and run with it. There is ministry that can (and should) happen in our families at home. Or with people at school. Or work. Sadly, it's easy to not see the potential for where God could use us in the mundane and basic areas of day-to-day life. We waste our days away.

For me, the less busy I am, the less I push myself toward something great. When I have time to lolly-gag, I usually take it nice and easy. Sadly, I think that is how it has become for many people. We think that God's work is best performed in us when we're off doing radical things in far away places with people we've never met before. But what does God call us to? He calls us to live radically... to live a crazy life for Him. For me, and I think for some of you, that means that we need to fill up our time with good things.

Encouraged by my parents and a friend of mine, I created a daily planner for myself today. It's pretty simple... setting aside time for chores, school, food, work, and time to spend with my family... but most importantly I'm creating a crazy schedule... a difficult schedule, because I want to make sure that I'm pursuing Jesus with all that I have. If there is any way you can get more on fire for the gospel, then here's my advice to you: Go all out. In the end I want to burn out bright for my Savior, and I want to have a crazy life in the eyes of the world that can only be accounted for as someone who was sold out to our loving Lord.

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8: 37-39

2 comments:

  1. quin, i totally know what you mean about thinking you have to do something crazy and far away in order to serve God. i never thought i could do things to serve him in my own home, but i can! this post totally reminds me of that awesome poem Lauren shared with us a while back on her blog:
    http://lauren-reavely.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-heart-is-still.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess "live for God" includes everything, doesn't it?
    I needed to hear that. Thanks Quin!

    ReplyDelete