I want my life to come down to two words: I'm Yours.

I want my life to come down to two words:
I'm Yours.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

a quote for consideration... (ii)

Below is a quote that I recently found regarding heroes. The author was an American social activist and was the first black winner of a major men's singles championship in tennis. I really appreciate this quote because it makes you search your own self to see what type of person you're trying to be.
"True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost."
Arthur Ashe
Do you want to be a hero?


4 comments:

  1. I like this. A lot. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah. that's convicting... what really matters i guess is the motivation behind your heroism. and then that will point you toward true heroism... humility and sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that makes sense, since the Hero of mankind, Jesus, came to serve, and not to be served...
    Never put those things together before, that's really neat. Heroism isn't competitive, it's service.

    Thanks Quin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is so true. Thanks for sharing Quin!

    ReplyDelete