I want my life to come down to two words: I'm Yours.

I want my life to come down to two words:
I'm Yours.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Your will, not mine

Ever since God pulled me by His grace into His saving love, I have done my best to do His will. For some it is difficult to discern what God's will is. For others, it's carrying out what they know is the will of God.

This morning I read a piece from Mary Fairchild: "
It shows humility and trust in God to admit we don’t understand his perfect will. So, I often pray, “Lord, this is what my heart desires, but what I truly want is your will in this situation.” Other times I pray, "Lord, I am not certain of your will, but I trust you will do what is best."

It's in these times where God tests our faith. He wants to see who we are seeking. Is what is best? (God) Or is it self? Or is it something else this world has to offer? Are we willing to seek the face of our God and follow His will? Even if it's hard?

Psalm 24:5-7 says, "He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Savior. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob.
Selah. Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in."

We are to seek His face. We are to listen for His voice. God will answer our prayer of faith. If we seek Him, He is faithful.


So then God graciously gives us insight to what His will is for us, and we don't want to do it. It sounds like it could hurt someone. It sounds like it could hurt us. It sounds painful. God's pruning process is painful. It's difficult. He never said it would be easy. On the contrary, we're told of what to do
when trials come. Not if trials come.

Today as you spend time with the Lord, seek His face. Learn the will of God and carry it out. It is a difficult thing, sanctification. It is a difficult thing, faith. It's what God wants of us, and it will all be for the good of those who love God and seek Him.

Remember. It's for your joy, and more importantly for God's glory.

1 comment:

  1. i like this post. it reminds me of something i read: we don't know why God does certain things, or why he allows or doesn't allow things to happen, but HE knows why, and that's ENOUGH.... :)

    ReplyDelete