I want my life to come down to two words: I'm Yours.

I want my life to come down to two words:
I'm Yours.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

so i'm eighteen

so i had my birthday this past saturday. and let me just say this: God is amazing. i had so many friends email, send letters, texts, facebook messages and posts, family calling... i felt overwhelmed by God's goodness.

as i look forward to this coming year i see many challenges. and there are many challenges that will come up that i do not yet see. but i think God is preparing me for them. i'm eighteen now. an adult? okay, so what? this is what my uncle told my brother and i: "i'm really impressed by you guys. . . don't get cocky."

simple, to the point. i like that. don't get cocky. it's not about my glory it's about His. even this morning in our men's prayer group we read the scripture that says, "do not think of yourself higher than you ought." obviously God is teaching me a lot. whatever it is, i want to grow in humility and grace and continue to pursue Him and give all glory to Him.

hope this finds you all well.
--
quin

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. Thanks Quin; a good reminder for all of us, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what it feels like to now be considered an "adult." It's been 5 months since my birthday, but it's still kinda strange. This is definitely a good reminder though, not to get cocky. Thanks. Praying that God equips you for each of the challenges He brings your way, in His timing. If any of your adventure or travels bring you to NM, let us know! We'd love to see you again!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete