Skip to main content

My Only Comfort

Q.
What is your only comfort
in life and death?
A.
That I am not my own,
but belong with body and soul,
both in life and in death,
to my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ.
He has fully paid for all my sins
with his precious blood,
and has set me free
from all the power of the devil.
He also preserves me in such a way
that without the will of my heavenly Father
not a hair can fall from my head;
indeed, all things must work together
for my salvation.
Therefore, by his Holy Spirit
he also assures me
of eternal life
and makes me heartily willing and ready
from now on to live for him.
Heidelberg Catechism

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Rock of Refuge

"In you, O Lord, do I take refuge;     let me never be put to shame! In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me;     incline your ear to me, and save me! Be to me a rock of refuge,     to which I may continually come; you have given the command to save me,     for you are my rock and my fortress." Psalm 71:1-3